The Gateway MT6451 is a new addition to Gateway’s entry level series laptop line.
It seems obvious that you can’t expect miracles from an entry-level laptop. Although it has a dual-core AMD Turion processor, in other aspects it can not be described as a productive machine.
This laptop comes with Windows Vista installed which was actually not a very good move since it can not run smoothly on this hardware. You either have to upgrade your laptop right out of the box (adding more RAM and replacing the slow 4500 RPM hard drive is highly recommended) or downgrade your OS to Windows XP. The fact that a video card eats up to 256mb out of your system memory certainly does not provide for better performance.
Here are the specs of the Gateway MT6451 laptop:
- AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile Technology 1.6GHz CPU
- 1GB DDR2 667MHz Dual Channel RAM with no extra slots available
- ATI Radeon Xpress 1150M graphics card with up to 256 MB of shared system memory
- 120 Gb PATA 4500RPM hard disk drive
- 15.4-inch Ultrabright WXGA display with a resolution of 1280×800
- 8X Multi-format double layer DVD/RW
- 10/100 Mbit Ethernet
- Wireless LAN 802.11g
- 6-in-1 card reader
- 4 USB 2.0 ports, S-Video port, VGA port
- Windows Vista Home Premium